Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Exercise, What?!?

What up guys?!?!  I am slowly getting back into the blogging spirit and look at me now, blogging on Tuesday and not Friday morning!  Really I am blogging tonight because I had an awesome run this afternoon on Bertha.  And here is how the story goes...

Last night, while sitting on the couch watching The Biggest Loser, they ran a 5k.  And it got me thinking...these people weigh, as much as twice as me, and they were running this sucker.  So, remember back in the day I was suppose to run a 5k?  And then it never happened?  Right! Well when I was leaving work today I thought, "Self, you should try to run a 5k tonight."  I got home, changed clothes, took a work phone call..it's weird today we only got calls from 330 on, I mean I am there all day, just saying!...anywho, then hit Bertha.  Had the door and windows open getting some fresh air, and watched Ellen, from yesterday.  Now I didn't do a full 5k, I did 2.5 miles in 29 miles.  This is about the longest time I have spent on Bertha, and it felt great.  I choose not to finish, 1) because I haven't run in about a week and I would like to walk tomorrow and 2) I was REALLY hungry.  Tomorrow I will give it another go!  And no, I didn't run the whole thing, but when I was walking I jacked up the incline to keep my heart rate up.  Gotta get miles in for this dang half marathon!

The End!!

Ok...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment