Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Oh My!

Y'all....Listen up...listening?  Good.  I farted.  JK JK!!  I don't really know what that is all about, but it broke the ice and now I am typing.

We all know that it was one of my 2013 goals to run a half marathon with this hot mama, but I didn't really have a plan of attack.  I have also been asked by 2 different friends to run a leg of the Memorial Marathon in April.  I said yes to both, because I am crazy, but now I feel like I should be training for that, which will in turn help me with the half training.  Now, I have been getting on Bertha and running, but I never have a plan when I go out there.  I just jump on, run until I start sucking air real hard, about 30 sec in, and then jump off and call it a day.  And we all know that I did the Couch to 5k program last summer, so I thought I would try a Couch to 10k, kinda.  I found an app called "Run10k" It is fool proof.  It tells you what you are going to do, you hit start it keeps track of everything, even tells you when AND how to stretch, and then when you are running or walking it tells you to switch.  It is really nice.  Especially when I get on my treadmill and turn the TV on, I can just prop my phone on the machine and go. It is a 3 day a week, 13 week, program, so I started it on Sunday, that way I can run Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and then hopefully do Jill on Monday and Wednesday, leaving date night Friday open, and where I don't feel bad for not doing anything.

Sundays workout:
Week 1:Day 1
5 minute warm-up
Run 30 seconds, walk 4:30 minutes, 7 times. (Total time 40ish minutes.  How do you get an "ish" time?  Because I stopped the cool down early to do the stretches, thats how.)
Completed it going a total of 2.58 miles.
I also jacked the treadmill's incline up to 2% so that I had some resistance.

Today's workout:
Week 1:Day 2
5 minute warm-up
Run 30 seconds, walk 4:30 minutes, 8 times.

After I do that I am cooking Parmesan Crusted Chicken!!!  This a staple at my house.  It is VERY easy to make with few ingredients, I am not going to say it is super healthy, BUT it is better then eating McDonalds.  So heres the recipe:

Chicken breasts (We use 2 because there are 2 of us)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Real Mayonnaise (Don't use Miracle Whip, you can ask this chicka about doing that.  You can be healthy and use the Olive Oil kind, but this is the only meal I splurge and use the real stuff, it helps the chicken be super moist)
Bread Crumbs

Heat the oven to 425 degrees.  Mix the mayo and cheese together in a bowl (I know there are no measurements, I don't use them any more.  You want enough mayo that it will cover the top of the chicken without being too thick or thin. And cheese, if you like a lot put a lot, if you like a little put a little.)  Then spread the mixture over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the Bread Crumbs on the top.  Bake for 20ish minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.

We serve ours with Veggies, or Rice, or by itself.  It goes with EVERYTHING!!  Enjoy!

Well that is all I got on today's edition of Chillin With Mrs. Dillon until next time, "be kind to one another" (<-- Thanks Ellen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment