Friday, January 11, 2013

Oh, Hello.

Well, I am back.  I took a small hiatus for some personal reasons, and well since those efforts failed, I am back!!!  To catch you up on what has happened in the small 2 months I haven't blogged:  Added a new member to the family, her name is Bertha and she is our fabulous new treadmill, and now you are caught up.  We had a wonderful Christmas and News Years, but nothing really all the exciting to report.

However, I did take the time this year to make some goals, and will get to them, but going to recap my 2012 in exercising, for my new readers just in case you forgot.  Right after the wedding, I know usually it is before, I decided to get serious about getting back into shape.  It wasn't acceptable anymore for me to keep gaining weight, it was my time to take control before the weight controlled me.  So last year my goal was to run a 5k, and while I trained for it, I never signed up for a race, and then eventually my training slowed downed to almost nothing.  We got Bertha at the beginning of December, which was great and we used her every morning, but then Christmas holiday came and it got REALLY cold, the cold where you don't want to leave your bed, so I didn't run.  But now it is 2013 and have some goals to meet.

Here they are:
1) Eat Healthy: Now I get everyone says this, but I am going to elaborate on what this means to me.  The hubs and I have a bad habit of going to the grocery store NOT enough times, and instead of going to the store, we just go out and grab something.  It is hard to cook for 2 people and not have enough leftovers for 9 other people, so going out was much easier. This year, following the girls in the office advice, I have created a calendar that has the meals planned out Monday - Thursday.  Friday is generally date night, and then the weekends are too hard to plan for because we never know what or where we will be.  But if I can control 4 days of what we are eating, I am not only helping us eat healthy, but saving us money!
2) Run a half marathon:  HOLY COW!!!  This girl and I have made a pack to run a half marathon together.  It is not going to be pretty and it isn't to "race" anyone but ourselves, but it is a goal that is attainable, but very challenging.  I have already started "training" (Read: running on the treadmill for 15-20 mins so I can work back up to where I was), and we think we are going to run the one in November, so I have plenty of time to get back to where I was and then kill it.  I have also been asked to run part of a relay for our Memorial Marathon, that is in April, so I know that will be a good gauge on where I am at.
3) Workout at least 3 times a week:  There is no reason for not...the gym is less then a mile away.  The end!

I know there are more than that, and I did write them down, but I don't have them in front of me.  But I will add more when I remember.  But these will get me started for now!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the New Year.  Remember right now is the time to make 2013 something special!

Until next time...(I promise there will be a next time)
-Vic

1 comment: