Monday, September 10, 2012

Ducks Fly Together

Well, we all know my lazy ass didn't get up to run Friday morning, nor did it get off the couch Friday night to make a run either.  I knew I would pay for this, but totally thought I could get a good run in on Saturday.  Friday night, dear hubby and I, rented "The Lorax" from OnDemand (at least I am 94% sure that is what we did) and just chilled for the evening.  I knew I had to get up early Saturday, so I trotted off to bed early.

Saturday (9/8):  Got up WAY to early for a Saturday, showered and left the house all before 8.  I find this a little amazing because during the week I am doing good to be out the house by 8.  But whatever.  Off to the gym I go...not to workout (secretly wish I was) but to ref 7th grade volleyball games.  WOW.  That is all I can say, I am sure I was at the same level at some point in my career, but WOW.  Good news, I only had to stand for 6 hours straight and climb up and down a ladder.  BUT...I didn't get to eat lunch that day, so my calories in vs. calories out, at this point in the day, are in favor of out, which means I am doing good.  I get home to find dear hubby and his best friends washing cars.  Remember our trip to Tulsa for a wedding, ya, we took my car and it was COVERED in dead bugs, and when I asked for them to wash it, mind you their cars weren't really dirty, they rolled their eyes at me.  So I washed my own car, they finally jumped in to help.  Now, I have been on my feet ALLLLLL day, and these two monsters want dinner now.  Thankfully, dear hubby helped me out, but I was pooped.  After consuming pan fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, and some corn, I found myself a spot on the couch and turned on D2: The Mighty Ducks, "Ducks fly together!"  I fell asleep on the couch at 830, missing ducks flying together, and walked my happy little butt to bed, where I proceed to sleep for 12 GLORIOUS hours! No running happening here.

Sunday (9/9):  My florist, from our wedding, who I am trying really hard to be her BFF, called and asked if I would help her out at a Bridal Show.  Of course I said yes, that's what a BFF would do!  She failed to mentioned how "fun" it was going to be, but I was on my feet again for another 5 hours.  But it was kinda interesting being on the other side of the wedding planning idea.  I have a couple of pictures from the Bridal Show, it was at the Oklahoma History Center, way cool place.  The florist had made some sample bouquets for the show, and she told me she was going to throw them away unless I saved them, and of course I did.  So there a picture of that.  And then, there was this vendor named "Apple Envy," they make what I thought was just covered apples, like a new take on carmel covered apples.  WRONG...they make carmel covered apples with extra frosting on them.  The one I got was orange cream...SO DELISH!!




Monday (9/10):  Welp, I figured I better get my ass up and run this morning since I hadn't in almost a week.  Knowing that today was going to suck, I just decided to run as much as I could.  So I ran about a mile and a half, walking probably the half part.  My ankles and feet were really hurting while running, in order to prevent injury I walked.  But I did something, better then sleeping in.  I also did most of my abs this morning, I will finish what I have left tonight.  Today is a struggle for me, I believe my body is finally reacting to the allergens that got brought in from the storms the other night.

Hopefully I don't fall asleep at my desk today...

No comments:

Post a Comment