Monday, September 3, 2012

Finish What You Start

This was my theme while running this morning, but I will get to that run on the "Monday" section.  I realized that today is Monday, and even though I am not at work I need to blog.  It has been some time.

Friday (8/31): Got home from work early, decided to get some laundry done, just in case I needed to leave, and then started in on my old lady project.  I made some pretty good head way, but nothing close to being done!  Damn!  Nothing to eventful.

Saturday (9/1): Ran to target in the AM to get a wedding card...nothing like buying last minute cards for a wedding in the evening.   Also, today started a new workout challenge for me.  As I am nearing the end of the couch to 5K program, I figured I would add something new.  So this is a month long ab challenge.  I am sure you have seen them on pinterest, as that's where I found it, but I forgot to pin it.  Amy is also doing this program with me, so it is nice having a partner in this madness.  As the previously stated, we went to a wedding in Tulsa.  It was a grand time, just wish the drive wasn't so boring.  Had a friend come up and tell me she reads my blog, Hey Mrs. Lux, it was great to know that more then just the JH's at work read it!  While we were driving to pick up one of dear hubby's friend, we had a free loader riding with us.  We named it Pat...




Sunday (9/2):  What a lazy day.  Since we drove back from Tulsa last night, and didn't get home until about 2, we just slept in!  It was really nice.  Went to the grocery store and then sat on our asses.  Later that night we decided to go and get a puzzle and eat junk food for dinner...sounded good at the time!  We got a Super Mario Brother's puzzle, golden oreo's, and fudge shop cookies, along with Anchorman and A Bee movie (we watched both).


ended up a great night!!

Monday (9/3):  Labor Day = sitting on our ass at home instead of the office.  Actually, we have been really productive today, so much that we aren't doing anything else today.  I got up at 8, thank goodness I didn't sleep until the alarm of 930, checked the weather, only 84, and got my ass out the door.  I was supposed to run on Sunday, and it just wasn't going to happen!  So I went to the park, which was FULL of walkers.  I get that walking is a great form of exercise and even more so these people were out and not at home...good for them, but DAMN learn how to share with a runner.  It is not ok to weave on the path as a walker, you make it hard for us runner's to pass you.  OR when you walk 2 across and see a running approaching someone who is walking to stay 2 across...share damnit!  Don't even get me started on the bikers....the path isn't big enough for bikers.  But now back to the actual workout.  Something I have never done, Ran from Reno to 15th.  It was kind of a big accomplishment as we used to run at the park but never ran all the way to 15th.   While finishing the run, I kept repeating to myself "finish what you started" I thought I was going to go over my "time" today and just wanted to finish the run of reno to 15th and back.  It is also my goal to run the whole park, 4 miles, and today I proved I can accomplish half of it now!  Got home, whipped my abs out, and then went outside.  At this point it is only 90 at 915, so we mowed, weed eated, and edged the yards.  It was really nice and cool and we wished we could have spent more time out there!  LIES!

Now we are sitting on our asses, going to go to an early dinner at Red Lobster, YUM, and then relax this evening.  Back to work tomorrow..boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment