Wednesday, September 12, 2012

We Remember...

Let's just jump into the activities occurring in my so exciting life.  (I mean that is why you are here, right?)

Monday night...I give up! Oh yes...I finished those stupid abs I didn't do in the morning while watching Bachelor Pad Finale.  Way to go, Nick!

Tuesday (9/11):  Decided I was going to do my abs in the evening, which I did while watching some "new" episodes of The Big Bang Theory!  But more importantly, today wasn't about if I did my abs; today was about reflecting on the events that happened 11 years ago that rocked our Nation.  I find it truly amazing how I have a really hard time remembering what I did this weekend, but I remember EXACTLY what happened 11 years ago, and the same goes for the OKC bombing.  It is incredible sad that so many people, who just showed up for work or just got on an airplane, lost their lives for no reason.  My heart goes out to all those families who lost someone that day.  I sincerely hope that I never have to see that kind of hate again in my lifetime, and for generations to comes.  Also, I am very grateful for all the men and women who joined the military, because of the event, to fight for my freedom.  Thank you!

Wednesday (9/12):  The alarm was set for 6:20, snooze once, then the alarm off!  I really had to talk myself into getting out of bed, just in general.  So when my husbands alarm went off, I got up and decided what I was going to do.  I was to run to the tracks and back, REALLY close to a mile and half, maintaining a 10 minute pace.  I told myself, "self" (LOL Lash!) you can run or walk as long as you maintain a 10 minute pace.  I ran the first mile in just under 10 minutes and then decided to walk.  Once I got up to a 10:15 pace, I started running again, and got back to a 9:57 pace, and then walked up the hill, before sprinting home.  My final time was 14:45 for 1.45 miles at a 10:11 avg. pace.  In my honest opinion, I think I did pretty good.  I think right now I am going to try to focus on getting my miles faster and throwing in a long run on the weekends.  About those abs...I will do them tonight!

Last night, I was playing around on my phone and wanting to change my background picture.  This was a contender, but with all my apps it didn't look good, but I thought I would share with the world...



Don't worry that I was double fist-ing it on our wedding day!!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment