Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's Rain, It's Pouring...


Well once again I failed to blog in a timely fashion and have damn near forgotten what I did.  But, thanks to technology, mainly my new watch, it maps where I have been and can help me remember what I did, plus I don’t have to remember to write it down because it is logged in my NikePlus account!

Thursday = no idea.  Oh yes, we discussed farting at work, while eating sugar free candy = bad idea!

Friday (8/24):  Early morning run, as usual.  20 minutes of pure running..just me and my thoughts for 20 full, long minutes.  This run started unlike the others…I ran up the hill going to opposite direction then I had the past few weeks, a change of scenery.  I was also going to see how long it took me to get to the tracks that I had been as a tracking device for awhile before I out grew them.  I was able to get there and past, at a pretty good rate, and tracked my fastest mile yet…10 minutes!!!  Still at an 11:41 pace, but still I am getting better…plus it was a great run!  I felt tired but it was overall really good!

Saturday (8/25):  Since it was supposed to rain, I wanted to get up early enough to get to the park and run.  An extra run!  But I got lazy, and went to Hobby Lobby to get yarn for my new project, and when I got back I didn’t really feel like running.  Thankfully I was talking to Lash, who just got done running, and she made me feel bad for not running and made me change and go to the park.  This run was almost total poo!  If it wasn’t for the fact that I was actually running and exercising, it would have been a waste.  I ran so slow…it took me 12 minutes to go a mile.  It was STUPID humid as it was about to rain, but still no excuse for how terrible it was.

Saturday night we went out and ate sushi with some friends and saw The Campaign with Will Ferrell.  Pretty funny movie, but what was really nice about the movie is that it was only an hour and half long.  It seems like years since a movie was that short, and it was a nice change of pace.  We got home just in time for it to start POURING!!!

Sunday (8/26):  Feel like a burn 121584651306465 calories.  We needed to clean the house, and I lost the coin toss to have to clean the bathroom…and if I was going to spend time cleaning, I was REALLY going to clean.  Took about an hour to clean our little bathroom, but it smelled good and looked so much better!  But then, I went and started working on “my room” again, actually measuring out where the bed needs to go and where the dressers need to be.  Also, picking things off the floor and putting them in there appropriate piles! 

Sunday night was bueno..yum! And then I spent the rest of the evening finishing my book, because I have a book club meeting tonight.

Monday: (8/27):  20 minute run.  Since I had to go out in the field for work, I thought about getting up earlier to run in the morning, which is what I should have done.  But it “was to dark to run,” and I didn’t do it.  I packed my stuff and was going to stop at the park on the way home from work.  Totally “ran” from the office up to Reno…and then proceed to tank on the running.  Here are on sad stats…1.6 miles in 20:20 minutes at a 12:03 pace.  SHIT!  I am moving on.  6:15 will never be “too dark” to run.  And tomorrow I get another chance to prove myself!

Tuesday (8/28): No running…I think I am ok with that.  Tomorrow is my redemption day, and I don’t have to be in the field, so I will get up at my normal time and hit the pavement.   But tonight is BOOK CLUB!!! This is the first time that we have all read the same books and can actually discuss them without hiding things!  I can’t wait!!!

Sorry this was super long and probably super boring!  And no pics, whats up with that.  But until next time JH’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment