Monday, August 20, 2012

Super Monday Run!

A little unlike me, but I am going to blog this morning, pretty close to finishing my run,  which was AWESOME this morning.

Monday (8/20): Last night I went to bed with a RAGING headache and my stomach was all in knots, and I was hoping that I was going to be able to get up in the morning to run.  So the alarm went off, and I had to get out of the house or I was not going to go.  Run 17 minutes.  Normally, I have been going down to the track and running, but I realized yesterday in the park, I seem to go better if I am not running in circles.  So I went down the street with no path in mind and when I felt like it I turned, and when I felt like it again I turned.  I did this for the whole run, and the best part was the time actually went by what seemed faster.  I wasn't wanting to quit as early on in the run, I wasn't going at a snails pace, I was keeping my form better and not dragging my feet, I also had some great elevation changes, something I haven't seen in a while.  But I felt accomplished to run this 17 minutes and to not feel like dying.  Still considered at a 11:56 pace, but I have to keep in my that at the end of these runs I also walk for 5 or so minutes, which kills my pace time. 


Needless to say, it was a great morning and I have been in a great mood since.  

Side note:  I saw this quote on Pinterest and it makes a lot of sense.  I have viewed this is whole journey that I am on to become healthy again.  It doesn't happen over night and there are no miracle drugs to snap me out of this, I have to do it myself and have to put in the time and make myself go.  It might be slow to change my body, but it is a lifestyle change....

Fit is not a destination.  It is a way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment