Sunday, August 19, 2012

Moving up!

Once again, I am behind.  But on a positive note, I have accomplished a lot since I have last blogged.  So lets get started!

Friday (8/17):  Run 16m, Walk 5m.  Made it down to the track at the school to find a kid sitting on one of the benches..oh ya, it was the first day of school.  As I was leaving the track, the neighborhood dogs had little people to bark at again.  So I had lots of noise to keep me going.  But for real...this run as a really good one!  It felt great..well afterwards. I do feel like I am going to die while doing it, but afterwards I am on a high.  I remember that it was cool that morning, where I was almost cold before I left!!  

This evening was a little uneventful...because it was so nice we went for a ride in "the car" to Target! WAHOO!  But dear husband and I did have fun at home...


           

And then I found an old friend... (Didn't eat all of it and still actually have some AND I have eaten twice out of it.  Normally I eat it twice and it is gone!!)



Saturday (8/18):  Today was HUNGER GAME day!!  But first, it had to RAIN!!!  I got up early and headed over to my parents to finally go through my stuff that is over and get it out of there house.  When I got there it looked like this....


Not pleasant, but I got to park Marge in the garage and then it didn't do much, in the way of hail or anything like that.  This is what I got to take home today....


Love it!!! It has a mirror that goes on top of it,but it didn't make the trip home.  And when I got home....(drum roll please)


OMG!!! It was sooo good!  "But that's not how she got her pin"  That's about all I have to say about it.  I also don't want to give to much away for those who haven't seen it.

Sunday (8/19): Run 17m, Walk 5m. Decided to go to the park and run at a new location, plus it was sooo nice outside. When I was going to go this morning, it was like 84% humidity and I was sweating after taking the doggie to potty.  But went to the park around 330, and wore a t-shirt.  And it was perfect.  I ran a mile in 10:something, I don't remember, but was just excited that I could do that.  But then the remaining 7m was a little unsatisfying. I got over half a mile, but I feel like that shouldn't really be acceptable. However I am staying positive.  Race for the Cure is coming up October 27th, so I still have time to improve.  Plus my friend who is really inspiring me to run, told me today she would run with me, even if it was at a 10 minute pace.  That means a lot...she doesn't have to run that slow with me, but it also pushes me to try to get to her pace.  Thanks for all your support Lash!!! I am really excited to be able to run with you, and hopefully RFTC won't be the last time we run together!!!

Not to much going on this week.  Hoping to get back to the gym, but it depends on dear hubby!  Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment