Sunday, August 12, 2012

Race-Walking...my new sport!

I really need to get back into the habit of blogging.  Vacation really messed me all up.  I will catch up the days I have missed and hopefully get back to the every other day routine.  Plus waiting this long to blog I forget what happens and my honest feelings towards life!

Thursday (8/9): Today I ran, because I didn't run on Wednesday.  It was simple 13 m R, 5m W.  I set off, ran to the elementary school in the neighborhood,which has a quarter mile track, and ran my little heart out.  Managed to get a 1/2 mile in on the track and then back out to the road.  Can't think off the top of my head what the distance was total, but I know that I ran at a 12:14 pace!!!!  Getting better at running this mile thing.  

When I got home from work, dear hubby wanted to go to the mall, reason unknown, but I will take it!  I have damn near run out of my current kicks, so I bought some new running shoes and then hubby thought I needed some new socks to go with them!  I LOVE THESE SHOES.  Haven't run in them yet, only because my current watch/timer/cal count/pace/mile doesn't work in my New Balance shoes...its a Nike thing with a chip in the shoe.  So I am currently looking at getting a new GPS watch.  But here our my shoes and socks.



Friday (8/10):  Also a run day.  We have finally hit the mostly running part of this program, so it makes it a little harder.  But I am going to keep going. Today was 15m R, 5m W.  This run hit a milestone for me...my pace was 11:54.  Finally under 12 mins!!  Also, I can tell that I am getting better, because when 9 mins used to be a struggle to get to, now I am starting to die around 13 mins.  I can only get better.

Saturday (8/11):  Today started early with a trip to an auction house, nothing good, then to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Best Buy, Barnes & noble, & finally Lakeshore.  And back home by 11:15!  Then we sat on our behinds all day, until we tried to get dinner at Red Lobster and Texas Roadhouse, only to stop at Popeyes!  Lame!

Sunday (8/12):  Normal house keeping day.  Cleaned Marge, man she is looking good now! Since the Olympic's end today, sad :o(, we are watching everything we can!!  I will miss the games, but now I can get back to regularly schedule programs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment