Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Goal Time!

Well, since it is Tuesday, I need to blog.  I think I am just going to count the weekend outs for blogging.  It's just not going to happen!  And yes, I should have blogged yesterday, but well...I have no reason.  Sheer laziness!

So this weekend was to relax = DONE!  Even included a free chair massage, and pending my mother's results of a full hour massage this weekend, I might be enjoying one myself.  But to be fair, Friday night I mowed the yards and Sunday really cleaned the house, so I was burning some calories.



Monday (7/16):  5m W, 6m R, 5m W.  We went to the gym and I ran through that neighborhood.  I somewhat like running there better because I know the distance.  Just like last time I ran there, my 5 minute walk lead me to a middle of a hill to start my running.  This really isn't ideal, but I suck it up only to realize that I am running against the wind, uphill = super sucky.  On the positive side of this workout, for the first time I ran over half a mile in the 6 minutes of running.  This shouldn't be a huge accomplishment (and this is what pushes me) as I used to a run a mile in 7 minutes, but then again, this is why I am starting out on a couch to 5k program. 


Not sure if I have stated my goal with my blog peeps, but I have finally come up with a lofty, yet attainable goal.  I want to run the Race for the Cure (its a 5k) in October, and be able to not only run the whole race, but to make it in decent time.  My friend Lash has agreed to run it with me, so now I have accountability.  The other part of the goal is to be able to run with Lash.  She runs frequently and for long distances for a long time.  One time she mentioned that she went for a 40 minute run, and I would like to be able to do that with her.  I also don't think she knows I stalked her that much :o), or that time really stuck with me.

Tuesday (7/17): Today is a rest day.  Not 100% sure if we are going to the gym today, but I am going to start lifting again to get a full body workout going on.  Nothing to major, but something to gain some muscle and make my body taught.  Also, it burns a shit ton of calories!!

I know the day isn't over, but I also know there are some people out there (coughJHcough) that get angry that I don't blog as often as I should.  So here is your post for the day!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO. DANG. PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Really, I am. You are doing so good!!!! KEEP IT UP! and lets run together some time. when it's cooler. after our photowalk. before the rink. in between DC's...

    and YES! RFTC!!

    ReplyDelete