Monday, July 30, 2012

Freakin' Olympic's

Whelp, as you guessed it...I am REALLY excited about the Olympic's.  I just can't get enough of it! I suppose I can recap my feeling toward the Olympic's on my days.

Friday: Opening Ceremonies!  While they got weird, I really did enjoy the first part of the history of London.  Then when the kids came out on the beds and all the jazz, I was a little confused.  And then though digital age business...not really cool.  Weirdness proceeded by the Parade of Nations.  This is something I do enjoy, however, 204 countries is a BUNCH of people to walk in and see.  While this was happening I flipped it back and forth between that and Harry Potter.  Once the US was announced we watched to the end.  LOVED the cauldron and how it was made.  Besides some Lithuanian food for dinner, I might have consumed WAY to many double stuffed oreos!  But they were sooooooooo good!

Saturday (7/28):  After getting up and visiting my parents in the morning, I headed to a friends house to help her strip some paint off a dresser I helped her paint.  I shouldn't have let her paint it, but she insisted...and then look what happened.  Not only was the whole processes extremely long and tedious, it was only 101 outside.  Needless to say, my relax day was shy of relaxing!  But got home in time to watch the USA volleyball team play, and then later that night watch some swimming, and then my favs of Kerri and Misty!  Reese was super relaxed and happy this weekend!



Sunday (7/29):  Relax day....mall day! My dear mother has asked me every weekend for the past 3 months to go shopping with her...and this weekend I finally caved.  I ended up with nothing but I got some more exercise on a rest day!  Watched SOOO much Olympic's I couldn't even tell you what I watched!

Monday (7/30):  5m W, 9m R, 5m W.  This is the same as Friday's run, where I wanted to quit so bad.  Today, I felt like I could keep going...not that I would, but it felt like a better run!  My pace got faster then my previous break into the 12 minute mile, only by 1 second, but it is better!!  Headed to the gym tonight and watching all the Olympic's that I have recorded throughout the day!  I really think that employer's should give us off these two weeks so we can support team USA!!

Until next time!! - Go USA!  Peace easy homies - Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment